- DEFINITIONS. “Agreement” means these Terms & Conditions, applicable Transaction Documents, and any related attachments. “Affiliate” means any entity controlling or controlled by or under common control with a party, where “control” is defined as the ownership of more than 50% of the equity or other voting interests of such entity. “TrueFinancnial” means TrueFinancnial Technologies, Inc., its Affiliates, or entities authorized by TrueFinancnial to provide a Service. “Customer” means the entity that orders the Services and is responsible for the payment of fees under, and in compliance with, this Agreement. “Service” means services or products ordered by Customer in a Transaction Document. A Service may additionally include software, scripts, or other code that is provided to enable Customer’s use of the Service. “Transaction Documents” means Service Order Forms or other documents that set forth the description of the Services being purchased from TrueFinancnial and any additional terms set forth in Service Order Forms, Statements of Work or other documents executed by the parties. Other capitalized terms used here have the definitions set forth below or in the Transaction Document(s).
- SCOPE. Customer and its Affiliates may order Services by executing the applicable Transaction Documents. Transaction Documents are effective when fully executed by both parties. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties, any conflict between a Transaction Document and these terms will be resolved in favor of the Transaction Document.
3.1 TrueFinancnial shall provide the Services as set forth in the applicable Transaction Document. All rights in the Services are reserved to TrueFinancnial.
- PAYMENT TERMS
4.1 Customer shall pay for the Services within thirty days of invoice date. All prices are in U.S. dollars, and all payments shall be in U.S. currency, unless otherwise set forth in the Transaction Document. All taxes (other than taxes assessed on the net income of TrueFinancnial) are the responsibility of Customer. There shall be no deduction in respect of any such taxes, or any offset against payment for any taxes; and all payments shall be grossed up to take account of any withholding taxes. After the initial Term of the applicable Transaction Document, TrueFinancnial may amend the fees for Services upon thirty days prior notice if such change is generally applicable to its customers, provided that if TrueFinancnial increases the fees Customer shall have the right to terminate its purchase of the applicable Service without termination charge by providing written notice to TrueFinancnial within thirty days of the effectiveness of the increased fees.
4.2 Customer shall pay a late charge of two percent per month (or part of a month), or the maximum lawful rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, for all amounts not paid within thirty days of invoice date, plus all costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred to collect any unpaid amounts. Unless prohibited by applicable law or regulation, all invoiced amounts not disputed in writing within sixty days of invoice date are deemed accepted. Restrictive endorsements or other statements on checks accepted by TrueFinancnial are not enforceable. From time to time, TrueFinancnial reserves the right to reasonably require payment assurance.
- CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. This section 5 shall not apply so long as TrueFinancnial and Customer are parties to an effective nondisclosure agreement that would govern the disclosure of information hereunder. Any information that a receiving party knows or has reason to know is confidential or proprietary (because such information is identified by the disclosing party orally or in writing as such or is not generally known in the relevant industry), is “Confidential Information” and shall remain the sole property of the disclosing party. The terms of any Transaction Document shall also constitute Confidential Information. Neither party shall disclose, use, modify, copy, reproduce or otherwise divulge Confidential Information of the other, except as required by law or in furtherance of the relationship between the parties. This section shall not apply to information disclosed in published materials, generally known to the public, lawfully obtained from any third party, or known to or independently developed by the receiving party, including, but not limited to, anonymous user data collected by the receiving party in connection with the Services.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
6.1 The “Term” is set forth in the Transaction Document and automatically renews for successive terms of equal duration unless either party notifies the other of its intent to not renew at least thirty days prior to the expiration of the applicable Term. Termination of an individual Transaction Document shall not terminate any Services under other Transaction Documents.
6.2 Either party may terminate a Transaction Document if the other materially breaches this Agreement and such breach continues un-remedied for thirty days following notice or such other period designated herein. TrueFinancnial may immediately suspend all Transaction Documents for undisputed payments not received within thirty days of payment due date. Effective not fewer than thirty days following delivery of notice, TrueFinancnial may modify or terminate any Service if such modification or termination is generally applicable to all customers. In the event of such a modification, Customer may terminate the applicable Transaction Document without termination charge if TrueFinancnial fails to remedy a material decrease in the functionality of the affected Service within thirty days of written notice from Customer.
6.3 Except for a termination by Customer as expressly permitted hereunder, if a Transaction Document is terminated prior to end of the Term for any reason, Customer shall pay TrueFinancnial an Early Termination Fee (which Customer acknowledges reflects a reasonable measure of actual damages to 5500 Interstate North Parkway, suite 455, Atlanta GA 30328 Phone: 516-986-TRUE(8783) Email: admin@TrueFinancnial.com www.TrueFinancnialtechnologies.com and not a penalty) equal to 100% of the fees that would have become due for the remainder of the Term, in addition to all fees outstanding at the date of termination.
7.1 TrueFinancnial shall defend, indemnify and hold Customer harmless from and against any claim made, or any suit or proceeding brought against Customer, but only to the extent it is based on an allegation that a Service furnished hereunder directly infringes an issued patent or other intellectual property right under the laws of a country in which the Service is actually provided to Customer. If a Service is held to infringe and the use enjoined, TrueFinancnial shall have the option, at its own expense, to procure for Customer the right to continue using the Service; or replace same with a noninfringing service; or modify such Service so that it becomes noninfringing. If TrueFinancnial is unable to provide one of the foregoing remedies, Customer may terminate the applicable Service without termination charge upon written notice to TrueFinancnial. TrueFinancnial shall have no liability for any infringement of patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights resulting from Customer content, use of the Service other than as specified in relevant TrueFinancnial documentation, or to the extent the claims arise from products or services not supplied by TrueFinancnial.
7.2 Customer shall defend, indemnify, and hold TrueFinancnial, its agents and suppliers harmless from and against any claim relating to a violation of the TUP arising in connection with Customer’s use of any Service or its website.
7.3 The indemnified party shall (a) promptly notify the indemnifying party in writing of any claim, suit or proceeding for which indemnity is claimed, and (b) allow the indemnifying party solely to control the defense of any claim, suit or proceeding. The indemnifying party shall not enter into any settlement that imposes liability or obligations on the indemnified party without obtaining the indemnified party’s prior written consent.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS.
9.1 EACH PARTY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, PAST OR PRESENT, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SECURITY. EXCEPT FOR EACH PARTY’S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ITS INDEMNIFICATION, PAYMENT AND CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATIONS AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING HEREUNDER, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER TO TRUEFINANCNIAL UNDER THE APPLICABLE TRANSACTION DOCUMENT DURING THE THREE MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM. IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST DATA, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPLACEMENT SERVICES OR OTHER SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY.
9.2 TRUEFINANCNIAL DOES NOT MONITOR OR EXERCISE CONTROL OVER THE CONTENT OF THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED THROUGH ITS FACILITIES, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES. USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THEREFROM IS AT CUSTOMER'S OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND CUSTOMER'S USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT ITS OWN RISK. TRUEFINANCNIAL DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR COMPLETELY SECURE. TRUEFINANCNIAL DOES NOT AND CANNOT CONTROL THE FLOW OF INFORMATION TO OR FROM ITS NETWORK AND OTHER PORTIONS OF THE INTERNET. SUCH FLOW DEPENDS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF INTERNET SERVICES PROVIDED OR CONTROLLED BY THIRD PARTIES. AT TIMES, ACTIONS OR INACTIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES CAN IMPAIR OR DISRUPT CUSTOMER'S CONNECTIONS TO THE INTERNET (OR PORTIONS THEREOF). TRUEFINANCNIAL CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT SUCH EVENTS WILL NOT OCCUR. ACCORDINGLY TRUEFINANCNIAL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO SUCH EVENTS.
9.3 TRUEFINANCNIAL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM DELAYS, CORRUPTION OF DATA, NONDELIVERIES, MIS-DELIVERIES OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS. CUSTOMER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SELECTION, USE AND SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES, AND TRUEFINANCNIAL SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY THEREFORE. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT OF TRUEFINANCNIAL'S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, NEITHER TRUEFINANCNIAL NOR ITS NETWORK SERVICES SUPPLIER WILL BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO TRUEFINANCNIAL'S OR CUSTOMER'S TRANSMISSION FACILITIES OR PREMISE EQUIPMENT OR FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF CUSTOMER'S DATA FILES, PROGRAMS, PROCEDURES OR INFORMATION THROUGH ACCIDENT, FRAUDULENT MEANS OR DEVICES, OR ANY OTHER METHOD, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE OCCURS AS A RESULT OF TRUEFINANCNIAL'S OR ITS NETWORK SERVICE SUPPLIER'S NEGLIGENCE. 5500 Interstate North Parkway, Suite 455, Atlanat GA 30328 Phone: 516-986-TRUE(8783) Email: admin@TrueFinancnialtechnologies.com www.TrueFinancnialtechnologies.com
9.4 EXCEPT FOR THE INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS IN SECTION 7, IN NO EVENT WILL TRUEFINANCNIAL BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY TYPE OF INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST REVENUE, LOST PROFITS, REPLACEMENT GOODS, LOSS OF TECHNOLOGY, RIGHTS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, OR INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF USE OF SERVICE OR EQUIPMENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. Any notice required or permitted shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the contact person listed on the Transaction Documents by personal delivery, deposited with an established overnight courier, or mailed by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested. Such notice will be deemed to have been given as of the date it has been so delivered or deposited, or five days after it has been mailed. Customer may assign this Agreement with TrueFinancnial’s prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld, delayed or conditioned. The Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of each party and its successors and permitted assigns. The Agreement shall be interpreted under Georgia law. Notwithstanding any local laws to the contrary, the parties agree that the governing language of this Agreement and any notices related hereto shall be English. Prior agreements, representations, and statements with respect to the subject matter are superseded. This Agreement may be changed only in writing signed by TrueFinancnial and Customer, and no effect shall be given to terms set forth in any Customer purchase order, confirmation or similar document. No failure or delay of either party to exercise or enforce any of its right operates as a waiver of any such right. If any provision is held unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, and the other provisions shall remain in effect. If either party is prevented from performing any of its obligations due to any cause beyond the party’s reasonable control, that party’s performance will be excused for the period of the delay or inability to perform due to such occurrence. The parties are independent contractors. Customer shall not, nor shall it cause TrueFinancnial to, export or permit any third party to export, directly or indirectly, any item without appropriate licenses and clearances. Sections 4, 5, 6.3, 9 and 10 shall survive termination